2/26/18 at 6:00pm
Ward 3 Office
In attendance: Bill, Chris, Brian, Steve, Colleen, Kris, Humberto, Andrew, Nate, Bev, Elizabeth
1. January Minutes
Reviewed minutes from January meeting.
2. Treasurer’s Report
– Activity over the past month:
Balance as of 1/18/18: $1,177.04
REVENUE: $92.20 (dues and donations)
EXPENSES: $51.49 (pancake breakfast and parkfest)
Balance as of 2/26/18: $1,217.75
– Outstanding bills: $260.64 to replace plexiglass on CGNE bulletin board
– There is now a Paypal button on the website for dues payments and donations. Big thanks to Brian and Chris!
3. February Pancake Breakfast
– It was a un success!
– Over 30 people attended.
– Thanks to Colleen for organizing and the three volunteers who made the food.
– Great to have families attend with kids.
– May plan another pancake breakfast in the future.
– CGNE’s biggest event is coming up! Parkfest will be April 15 from 1-4pm at Conner Park.
– Wristbands to attend the event are $5 and include a hotdog and drink.
– The goal is to have at least 300 attendees.
– Live music will be provided by Frank n’ Steel.
– Kids activities, including balloon animals and face paint, are being planned.
– A permit has been obtained to use the park.
– Steve and team of volunteers are coordinating insurance, street closures, electrical hook-up, and other logistics.
– Councilmember Paul Durham’s Chief of Staff, Nick Mahon, is providing some assistance.
– Colleen and a team are coordinating marketing, including flyers, online promotion, creating a Facebook event, etc. We’ll also have a large vinyl sign promoting the event.
– The Humane Society has been selected as the charity to receive event proceeds.
– A couple of volunteers have offered to solicit sponsorships from local businesses.
– 30 volunteers are needed on the day of the event to help with various tasks, including wristband sales and food prep. Volunteer shifts are one hour.
– Anyone with contacts for borrowing a free stage or risers for the band should contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Gardening Club
– Group is still meeting regularly.
– Canning will be a topic at an upcoming meeting.
6. Little Free Libraries
– Keeping the libraries stocked can be a challenge.
– Bookmans provides CGNE with free children’s books for pick-up.
– Neighbors are encouraged to donate used books to either of the libraries.
7. Book Club
– This may start in the fall. More info to come.
8. Art Club
– A couple of neighbors met for a handmade greeting card session.
– More activities will be planned for the future.
9. Wilson Wash
– New signage is up.
– Bill will be coordinating a group photo.
10. Park Enhancements
– CGNE is working with the city to install another poop bag dispenser in Conner Park to help mitigate high levels of dog waste at the far end of the park.
11. New Business
– Potential for a neighborhood-wide yard sale in the fall if there is interest.
– Candidate meet-and-greet for the Arizona Senate 9th district seat to be vacated by Steve Farley will be hosted by our neighbor Nate on March 10 – more info will be shared soon.
12. Upcoming Meetings and Events
2/27/18 – Grant Road Coalition Mtg, 6pm, Ward 3 Office
2/28/18 – Ward 3 Neighborhood Leaders Forum, 6pm, TPD West, 1310 W. Miracle Mile
3/7/18 – Lend A Hand restaurant fundraiser, Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue, First and Roger
3/16/18-3/17/18 – Lend A Hand Yard Sale, St. Frances Cabrini Church
3/26/18 – CGNE Meeting, 6pm, Ward 3 Office (Councilmember Paul Durham will attend)
3/26/18- 3/30/18 – Door hangers distributed by CGNE street captains