Notes from May 17, 2017 Meeting

Hey Everyone,
Bill and Jana are on vacation and asked me to send the notes from the last meeting. So they are below.

Lots happening since then. Robert and Sue are doing their thing with the libraries, Sue got a bunch of books from Tucson Friends of the Library. YAY! Elizabeth is going crazy with the welcome packet. It looks great, and we have several homes that will be with new owners soon to give them too. Bill set up another neighborhood meeting for July 20th, 6 PM at Ward III. I hope most of you can attend. Our first garden meeting is June 20th at Cyndi’s, and Bill has some cleanup dates for alleys so we can take advantage of the next brush and bulky. The next Newsletter will be out in about a week or so. And lastly, Lend a Hand is having a furniture sale this weekend. Check your email from Vicki if you are available to help.

First of all I want to thank all of you for being at the meeting tonight. We accomplished so much more then I imagined. Here is a brief overview.

Monthly Activities

January – Newsletter and door hanger

February – Garden Show ???

March – Lend a Hand Garage Sale /Newsletter late in month

April – Neighborhood Picnic / Plant Swap

May – Roll-off / Progressive Dinner

June – Newsletter late in month

July – next meeting, around July 19th

August – go on vacation, get out of the heat

September – Newsletter and door hanger

October – Yearly Newsletter goes out

November – Neighborhood picnic and roll-off

December – Jana and Bill will host the neighborhood Christmas Potluck

Welcome Packet Committee – Elizabeth and Debbie. Elizabeth took the packet to look through it, Colleen will send copies of any of the forms in the packet that she has, some can be found at Ward three. Vickie will get Elizabeth updated Lend a Hand handout.

Libraries – Robert will take care of the Plumer library and Sue will take care of the park library. Colleen will send the template for the cards to put inside the books. I have some extra business card blanks, but after they are gone the association will buy more.

Gardening Club – Cindi will head up the gardening club. She will let us know when the first meeting will be. She is thinking end of June.

Clean up committee – Bill, Steve, Cindi, Kris, Umberto, Sue, Doug

Elizabeth is looking in to grants that we can apply for to possibly beautify our park and maybe help solve some water issues. It was also suggested we build a bridge over the Wilson wash.

We voted to raise our dues and possibly allow people to use PayPal . We also voted to give $100 to Lend a Hand.

Chris is willing to put any business card on our website of people who have businesses.

Agenda for next meeting – door hanger design/information, deciding what to put on the city newsletter that goes to everyone (4 pages)

Let Bill or I know if you have other topics.

Leave a Reply